Type – Stable
Published – 04/19/18
Release – 184.108.40.206
With a growing community utilizing the DUO in more advanced and unique projects, we have been hard at work to add new features and functionality. As such, we are proud to announce the release of the latest DUO Platform (v220.127.116.11).
This release brings official support for multiple DUO cameras running on the same computer, a feature that was much requested by the community. Connecting 2 DUOs or more is now possible, allowing users to scan larger areas or from multiple angles. Support for the NVIDIA Jetson TX1/TX2 and the Raspberry Pi 3 is now official, so you can utilize the DUO with these versatile platforms. In addition to that, the DUO camera itself will feature new low distortion lenses that significantly improve its capabilities. With their low distortion (<8.5%), these lenses offer an improved 165° diagonal FOV. In addition, we made several performance optimizations to the DUO API, allowing for better accuracy. Support for macOS has been removed for the time being due to some performance issues with the latest macOS. We have, however, added a script to generate the correct DUO Linux Kernel module for your Linux/Ubuntu version, a functionality that was requested by many users.
DUO Platform v18.104.22.168 Release Notes
- Updated DUO device firmware and DUO API for more robust operation
- Updated DUO driver for Windows 10 with new SHA256 code signing certificate
- Updated DUO design with new low distortion (<8.5%) 165° wide FOV lenses
- Updated DUO auto-exposure algorithm for better image stability
- Improved the accuracy of Dense3D point cloud data
- Added support for multiple DUO devices
- Added new Interactive Calibration application
- Added support for NVIDIA Jetson TX1/TX2 and Raspberry Pi3
- Added a script for automatic building of the DUO Linux kernel module
Note: To get access to these latest features, please flash your DUO with the DUOFirmware Update tool to v22.214.171.124, which is included in the platform update package, prior to running the new software.
To download these latest updates, simply login to your account.
We thank you for supporting DUO and making this release possible and hope the new features will further facilitate and advance your research and projects.
As always, we appreciate your feedback on which features and utilities you would like to see next and of course we look forward to seeing how you will use them in the future.
The DUO3D Team